Mobile Based Dictionary App Capstone Project
Significance of the Study
Students: helps them to enhance their knowledge and understand about English language.
Teacher: as their reference and guide in teaching the subject to the students.
Researcher: enhance the researcher develop their capstone project writing and analysis skills.
Future researcher: they will have benefits and help them as their guide
Background of the study
To ensure that the proposed mobile application will be up and running, the developers will be conducting a compatibility checking of the application’s operational capabilities and functionalities to ensure that the utilized software and hardware is suitable to be used. Series of testing will also be done by the researchers, taking into account the flaws encountered during the testing phase so that troubleshooting and revisions can be done.
DETAILS OF THE TECHNOLOGIES BEING USED
In the development of the proposed e-learning system development project, “Mobile Based Dictionary App”, the researchers who will be the developers of the mobile application, will be utilizing and merging Computing and mobile technology in the development and deployment/implementation phases of this proposed project.
Listed below were the hardware and software requirements of the proposed e-learning mobile application development project:
Hardware Specification (Development)
The developers of the proposed e-learning mobile application will be using a computer system (Laptop or Desktop) with the following minimum requirements:
- Processor: Intel i3 @ 2.5 GHz clock speed (higher specs is better)
- Memory: 2GB RAM (higher specs is better)
- Hard Disk: 250 GB (higher specs is better)
- Operating System: Windows 7 (32/64 bit) (higher specs is better)
Hardware Specification (Deployment/Implementation)
The developers of the proposed e-learning mobile application will be using handheld mobile device (SmartPhone or Tablet) with the following minimum requirements:
- Processor: armeabi (higher specs is better)
- Chipset: Rockchip Chipset (Higher specs is better)
- Operating System: Android 2.3 (higher is better)
Software Specification (Development)
The developers of the proposed e-learning mobile application will be using the following software:
- Hyper Text Mark-up Language (HTML) – a file format that tells a computer how to display a web page. The documents themselves are plain text files with special “tags” or codes that a web browser uses to interpret and display information on your computer screen. It is used for the development of the graphical user interface (GUI) of the proposed e-learning mobile application
- Cascading Style Sheet (CSS) – a method of web design that formats web page content according to a presentation style specified by the web page author. It essentially separates document content from the manner in which it is presented, thus allowing for more fluid transitions between various browser platforms. It also provides for more precise control for spacing, alignment, and positioning of content without relying on the need for layout tables or frames.
The android based dictionary app is a compiled list of English words that will be translated into the mother tongue language (dialect) with corresponding sample sentence and a voice recording of the selected word.
Research methodology is a way to systematically solve the research problem or it may be understood as a science of studying how research is done scientifically. In the context of this proposed project, it will be a scientific way of eliciting feedback from the users of the developed mobile application, Mobile Based Dictionary App. Furthermore, the results obtained from the respondents could be utilized as basis for decision-making for the deployment and implementation of the developed mobile application to its intended users, the elementary students who were taking up mother tongue subject. On the other hand, results and findings obtained thru survey of the respondents could be a valuable basis if the development of the proposed project is a solution to the identified problems.
Burns and Grove (2003) define a research design as “a blueprint for conducting a study with maximum control over factors that may interfere with the validity of the findings”. On the other hand, Parahoo (1997) describes a research design as “a plan that describes how, when and where data are to be collected and analyzed”. Thus, a research design is a systematic plan to study a scientific problem and the design of a study defines the study type and sub-type.
With the given definition of a research design, the researchers of the proposed project, “Mobile Based Dictionary App” will be employing a descriptive research design, utilizing survey method.
As defined by Jackson, S.L. (2009), a descriptive research describes the situation and does not make accurate predictions, and do not determine cause and effect. It includes surveys and fact-finding enquiries of different kinds, taking into utmost consideration the validity and reliability of the structured questionnaires that were to be administered to the respondents.
With the aforementioned descriptive research design concepts, the researchers were convinced that the research design will be suitable to the research study that will be conducted, in conjunction to the project development of an electronic dictionary mobile application.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.