Event Manager App in JQuery Mobile
Event Manager App in JQuery Mobile
Students are relatively similar to first-year students and thus experiencing comparative tasks to them. Time management problems became the main concern students. Due to several subject areas accompanied by various tasks each subject; plus numerous consecutive quizzes, summative and chapter tests, multitasking can be evident and a factor to the students difficulty in time management. Other personal tasks except these would include things such as leisure activities, household chores, assignments, outputs and other things a student does. Difficulties in time management also involve students’ procrastination attitude.
This scenario inspired the researchers to flick through local investigation and development of an Android-based Event Manager that might assess and assist students to develop and maintain effective time management skills.
Objectives of the Study
The main purpose of this study is to develop an Android-based Event Manager.
Specifically, it aims to achieve the following objectives:
- To design a system that will aid the students to record all their tasks with the specified time without noting it manually;
- To develop a system that will help the students to establish effective time management and skills toward it; and,
- To assess the students’ satisfaction level towards usage of the app.
Significance of the Study
The result of this study will be of great significance to the following:
School. Since one of the school problems faced by the students is difficulty in time management, the application can be a useful tool to be used by the school and introduce it to students. This could help the school through increasing productivity rate among students aimed at producing high quality pioneers.
Teachers. Time management of students on school works depend upon the tasks assigned to them by the teachers. This can also be beneficial to teachers since the main goal of this is to manage the time of students towards their tasks through an application. This may lessen teachers’ problem regarding difficulties and malfunctions of students in terms of their scores in quizzes and exams, outputs and school works.
Parents. The results and output of this study may help parents upon monitoring and encouraging their children to implement and practice effective time management not only limited in schools including academic matters but also in their homes.
Students. The product of this study may help students monitor of all their tasks and to develop time management to which they can use as their basis to effectively perform and accomplish their tasks without difficulties. This may also assist them to develop time management skills among themselves and to help them to be organized and promote productivity.
Future Researchers. This study may serve as a reference material for the anticipated researchers that wish to develop and conduct similar study.
The scope of the research study is to:
- Develop an Android-based Event Manager.
- Need android platform.
- Use offline application.
- Run from the latest version up to the earliest version of android.
- Keeping daily tasks align, one step to adding task and time and removal of the task after it is done.
- Cover all about the time management of the participants.
- To determine the satisfaction level of the participants after trial of the app.
- To help students to effectively establish time management and improve time management skills in terms of using the app.