Library System in PHP and MySQL User Interface
The Library System is a computer-based application used to automate a library. It allows the librarian to maintain the information about books, magazines and other library materials. It also allows the librarian to maintain and organize the information about its clientele or borrowers.
This project entitled “Library System in PHP and MySQL” has its aim to provide the library an organized Library System. This project focuses on the automation of system process of adding newly acquired books, borrowing books and borrower’s information, returning of books, searching for the location of the books and printing of the inventory of books in the library.
This was also designed based on the needs of the office and its clientele. Transactions were done instantly, securely, safely, quickly and efficiently.
System Module and User Interface
- Library System Register Module
In order to gain access in the system, user must register providing desired username, email, and password.
- Library System Log in Module
The system is protected with username and password. The user must provide the registered username and password.
- Library System Book Management Module
The user can encode/add and edit books providing the details needed such as ID, ISBN, Book Title, Authors, Book Serial No., Publisher, Copyright Year, etc.
- Library System Subject Encoding Module
The user can add and edit subject and description.
- Library System Grade Encoding Module
In this module the user can add and edit grade name.
- Library System Borrower Management Module
The user can add and edit the profile of the borrower before borrowing books. Profile includes ID, Student ID, Full Name, Contact, Category, and Grade ID.
- Library System Borrowing and Returning of Books Management Module
7.A This module displays the borrowed and returned books. The user can add a borrowed book by encoding the borrower’s name, book ID, date the books is borrowed, and the due date. The user can also edit the existing details of the borrowed book. Once the book is returned, the user must fill out the details needed.
7.B This section will automatically display returned books once the user filled out the details.
- Software Requirements
- Operating System – Windows 7
- UWAMP: is a Wamp Server with Apache MySQL PHP and SQLite. It is provided with a management interface which lets you start or stop the server with one click. UwAmp allows real time Apache and MySQL process CPU monitoring. It can manage Apache Virtual host and Alias. You can enable/disable PHP extension and Apache module from UwAmp manager. UwAmp can be run from a USB stick (cnet.com).
- phpMyadmin: is a tool written in PHP to handle the administration of MySQL over the web. Databases must be created in cPanel, but phpMyAdmin can drop databases, create/drop/alter tables/delete/edit/add fields, execute any SQL statement, manage keys on fields, and export data into various formats. The phpMyAdmin program is handy for performing maintenance operations on tables, backing up information, and editing things directly in the event that your scripts are not working. Occasionally, in the Support Forums, someone will post a SQL query of some benefit or other that can be run using phpMyAdmin. Although many of the same tasks can be performed on the MySQL command line, doing so is not an option for many people (flexihost.co).
- PHP: is a widely-used open source general-purpose scripting language that is especially suited for web development and can be embedded into HTML. PHP code is executed on the server, generating HTML which is then sent to the client. The client would receive the results of running that script, but would not know what the underlying code was (php.net).
- Cascading Stylesheet (CSS): is a Web page derived from multiple sources with a defined order of precedence where the definitions of any style element conflict. The Cascading Style Sheet is implemented in the latest versions of the Netscape and Microsoft Web browsers, specifies the possible style sheets or statements that may determine how a given element is presented in a Web page. CSS gives more control over the appearance of a web page to the page creator than to the browser designer or the viewer (techtarget.com).
- Hypertext Mark-up Language (HTML): is the set of mark-upsymbols or codes inserted in a file intended for display on a World Wide Web browser The mark-up tells the web browser how to display a web page’s words and images for the user. Each individual mark-up code is referred to as an element. Some elements come in pairs that indicate when some display effect is to begin and when it is to end. HTML is a formal recommendation by the World Wide Web Consortium and is generally adhered to by the major browser features differently and provide non-standard extensions (techtarget.com).
The target users of this system are the staff in the library, because they will be the one to use the automated library system. The end user should also be computer literate and should undergo training understand and familiarize the proposed system.
After conducting an investigation and determined all the results, the researchers formulated the following conclusions that can give the readers a good understanding about this study.
- Majority of the respondents claimed that the performance of the manually-assisted library system in terms of speed, accuracy, security and usability is good. Their current system is okay, but most of the respondents want to have the better or best performance of the system.
- There is a need to change the manual system into an automated system for a possible improvement.
- Most of the respondents prefer to replace the current library system into an automated system for it would be a great help to improve the library transactions.
- The need to replace the current system into an automated system is highly agreed by the respondents.
- The use of automated library system is accepted by the respondents.
The following are the researcher’s recommendation based on the findings and conclusion of the study.
- Manual system should be replaced by an automated system for the improvement of the library system.
- Change the system from manual to automated with the following features:
- Automated Library System has clickable icon as options.
- Colored design for the library system.
- Back-up and restore utility for the library system.
- Automated Library System generates report related to library transaction.
- Automated Library System tracks the user of the system.
- Keep tracks of the one who modifies the record.
- The librarian and other staff should undergo seminar’s and training regarding to the use of the automated system and when new additional options is being develop in the system.
- The system features, commands and options of the automated system should be introduced clearly to the system user in order to use it properly and to navigate the system exactly.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.