Barangay Records Management Features and User Interface
This system facilitates Barangay management by enabling the client Barangay to maintain their resident records as complete and up-to-date as possible and as easily accessible for verification, monitoring and reference purposes based on the available residents’ census data kept by the client Barangay. Data provided by this system in the form of comprehensive reports are invaluable for planning, program implementation and related purposes.
Menu Structure of the System
File Menu – Backup Database, Change Password, Restore Database, Log-out and Exit menu
Records Menu – Client Records, List of Purok, List of Purok President, Brgy Officials, SK Officials, Blotter, Activities, Budget
Reports Menu – List of Residents, List of Purok, List of Purok President, List of Brgy Officials, List of SK Officials, Blotter Report, Issue Certificate, Activities, Collection, Budget, Population Report
System Modules and User Interface
- Barangay System Login Form
The system is a LAN Based project; it can be accessed by 2 or more users simultaneously. The login form is one way of securing the records from unauthorized users. The image below shows the login form of the system.
- Barangay System Encoding of Purok and Zone Form
List of purok are encoded in this module of the system. The image below shows the encoding form of Purok/Zone.
- Barangay System Resident Personal Record Encoding Form
The Resident Personal Record module is important in record keeping of the client barangay. It enables easy searching of records to locate and identify legitimate residents in the area including individual profile such as: name, contact information, educational attainment and others.
- Barangay System Encoding of Purok President Form
Purok president is the leader for every zone within the barangay. The purok president must be a resident of the barangay. Name and contact are the information that are being encoded in this module.
- Barangay System Encoding Form for Barangay Officials
Barangay officials of the barangay are the following positions: brgy captain, brgy secretary, treasurer, clerk, and the barangay kagawads. The image below shows the encoding form for the barangay officials.
- Barangay System Encoding Form for SK Officials
The SK chairman and the SK kagawads are encoded in this module.
- Barangay System Encoding Form for Blotter Report
Any incident that occurs in the vicinity of the barangay is being recorded in the blotter module of the system. The image below is the recording form for blotter entries.
- Barangay System Encoding Form for Barangay Activities
Year round activities of the barangay is also part of the record keeping, thus the encoding form will store the records of the different activities in the barangay.
- Barangay System Encoding Form for Budget Plan and Preparation
Every activities of the barangay entails monetary expenses, budget record keeping module is where the users encode the list of budget plan and preparation.
- Barangay System Barangay Certification Form
- Barangay System Barangay Certification Printable Format
One of the core functions of the barangay system is to produce a computer generated barangay certification for the residents. The images below show the form and the printable format of the barangay certification.
- Barangay System Barangay Clearance Printable Format
Clearances for businesses are also part of the function of the barangay. The system can also produce a computer generated format of the clearance permit.
- Barangay System Barangay Collection Report Form
- Barangay System Barangay Collection Report Printable Format
Any amount collected from the payment of clearances is being stored in the system, with that the system can print out a summary of collection.
- Barangay System List of Residents Report Form
- Barangay System List of Residents Report Printable Format
The list of residents per purok and in general can also be printed out in this system. The images below show the form and the printable format of the list of residents.
- Barangay System Population Report Form
- Barangay System Population Report Printable Format
The system can also produce a report as to the number of male and female per purok and in general. The images below show the form and the printable format of the population report.
A fishbone diagram, also called a cause and effect diagram or Ishikawa diagram, is a visualization tool for categorizing the potential causes of a problem in order to identify its root causes.
the Fishbone Diagram for the Barangay Records Management
The fishbone diagram of Barangay Resident Record Management consists of three causes namely process, people and security.
- Process – it consists of two sub causes:
- Time consuming – the manual process takes a lot of time and it causes delay of transactions in the barangay.
- Unorganized records – since the process is manual, one of the common problem is the lack of records management.
- People – the sub causes are the following:
- Wrong input of information – data entry is one of the factors to be consider because the researcher believes that garbage in is garbage out.
- Slow to response – service quality is very important that’s why automated systems must be developed.
- Security (security and integrity of records, loss of records)
- Security of records – files and records are kept in a folder or cabinet in which anyone can have access to those confidential files.
- Loss of records – there is no backup procedure in a manual process, so if the record is gone there’s no way for it to recover.
The following conclusions were made after conducting a thorough investigation and gathering of data:
- In the level of performance of manual record keeping system, majority of the respondents claimed that the current system is good in terms of speed, accuracy, security and usability. The researchers concluded that their current system is in the average level.
- In the level of need to develop a computerized barangay record keeping system, most of the respondents prefer to replace the current system into a computerized record keeping system for it would be a great help to improve the performance of the Barangay.
The following are the researcher’s recommendation based on the findings and conclusion of the study.
- Manual system should be replaced by computerized record keeping system for the improvement of the barangay services.
- The management and other staff should undergo seminar’s and training regarding to the use of the automated system and when new additional options is being develop in the system.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.