Android Based Cooking Tips and Recipe App
The project entitled Android Based Cooking Tips and Recipe App is a web and mobile based project designed to provide the users the basics of cooking and other learning materials and as well as information/archive of recipes. The said project was designed and developed using JQuery Mobile and Phonegap Build for the mobile app and PHP, MySQL and Bootstrap for the web application. Information such as the tips, techniques in cooking and list of recipes included in the application can be viewed online and offline. This technology allows the users to download updates from the server and store those data in their local storage. The application was evaluated by IT experts in order to validate the correctness of the source code and the application was also tested by end-users to test the features. The results of the testing and evaluation was 4.23 and it is interpreted as Very Good, thus the Android Based Cooking Tips and Recipe App should be implemented and utilized.
The purpose of this study was to design, develop and implement a mobile application for learning and sharing purposes in the area of cooking that includes the tips, techniques and archiving of recipes.
Specifically, the application is capable of the following:
- To provide the users a step by step tutorial on how to prepare a certain dish;
- To allow the users to view the tips, techniques and tutorials in an offline setting;
- To allow the users to share their techniques and recipes to the other members and users of the application.
The project has two parts; the mobile application and the online/web app.
For the Mobile Application of the cooking and recipe app, the following are the modules of the project:
- Search Module – this will allow the users to find their targeted recipes
- Tips/Techniques/Tutorial Module – this module contains the different tips and techniques coming from the different users of application.
- Share Module – recipes, tips and other information on the application can be shared to the different social media platform such as Facebook, Twitter, etc.
- Favorites Module – this is the module that allows the users to archive and group the recipes that have been favourited by the user.
- Recipe Archive Module – recipe archive coming also from the different users of the application can be viewed on this section of the app. The users can download the information and saved it in their local storage in order to view the recipe even if there is no internet connection.
- Profile Module – the mobile application requires some of your basic information such as email, name and contact.
For the Online and Web Application of the cooking and recipe app, the following are the modules of the project:
- Dashboard – the dashboard display the total number of members registered in the application and the total number of uploaded recipes in the server.
- Members Information – this is the module wherein the administrators review first the membership application of the users.
- Uploaded Tips and Techniques – tips, techniques and other learning materials are also subject for evaluation and review.
- Uploaded Recipes – evaluation and verification is very necessary for this part of the application. All recipes are also subject for critics by the persons who are experts in the field.
The Android Based Cooking Tips and Recipe App is far from perfect and complete, therefore it is recommended to enhance the User Interface and as well as the User Experience of the app. It is also recommended to develop a version of the Cooking Tips and Recipe App that will run in iOS.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.