Mobile Based Voting System Technical Background
Student Council is using the electronic voting system. To improve this process of the current system, we proposed the study entitled “Mobile-based Application Voting System for SCC Election.” This chapter contains the software and hardware components, the technologies used and how the system will work.
Android or Mobile phones are the main technologies that the researchers need to develop the proposed system. It is used for voting and installing together with the computer; it also describes the hardware components of the system.
Technicality of the Project
The researchers developed a voting system using Android phones. In the development, the researcher used the following software components:
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML) – use to add paragraphs, headings, images and links to a webpage.
- Java – use as the System Development Kit of making mobile application.
- MySQL – stores the entire database.
- Netbeans – is a software development platform that can access with the different OS just like Mac Os, Microsoft Windows, and Linux.
- Notepad++ – source code editor for windows.
- PHP – another script language and interpreter used to develop the system.
- PhpMyAdmin – performs different tasks such as managing databases, tables, columns, relations, indexes, users, permission.
- WampServer – a web development environment for Windows.
Details of the Technologies used
- Hypertext Markup Language (HTML). HTML is the language of web, a special computer language designed for the internet. It is simple to use and has many advanced features that make the internet what it is today. (Whyte, “Basic HTML”, 2003)
- Java is an object-oriented programming language designed by Dr. James Gosling of Sun micro system in early 1990’s. By using Java, we can make Web pages into active and alive. We can display command buttons, text fields, check boxes, option buttons, scrolling list, choice controls, and other controls that process the Web surfers input and output data. (Pepito, “Introduction to Java 6 Programming”, 2009).
- The most popular open source SQL database management system, is developed, distributed and supported corporation. MySQL is relational database management system, is named after co-founder Menty Widenius’s daughter.(Kovalev, “Database Management System”, 2012, p.90)
- NeatBeans is an open-source integrated development environment (IDE) for developing with Java, PHP, C++, and other programming languages. NeatBeans is also referred to as a platform for modular components used for developing Java desktop applications. (techopedia.com)
- Notepad++. Is first and formost a well-crafted open source programmer’s Integrated Development Environment (IDE). It’s powerfull, it’s useful, it’s extensible, it’s open and it’s free.(Boudreau, “NetBeans: The Defenitive Guide”, 2003 )
- PhpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, intended to handle the administration of MySQL over the Web. PhpMyAdmin supports a wide range of operations on MySQL and MariaDB. (phpmyadmin.net)
- PHP is an HTML-embedded scripting language. What HTML-embedded means precisely is that you can intermingle PHP and HTML code within the same script. (Ullman, “PHP and MySQL Dynamic Websites”, 2011)
- WampServer is a Windows web development environment. It allows you to create web applications with Apache2, PHP, and MySQL database. Alongside, PhpMyAdmin allows you to manage your database easily. (wampserver.com)
How the System Works
The Mobile-Based Application Voting System will work with use of android mobile phones and the computer that serves as the main server. The android mobile phones are used for installation the voting application. These were the voters enter his/her ID number, the name and password set by the admin and his/her attendance will automatically monitored. The voters can now votes of their chosen candidates and their votes will automatically counted by the server. The computer as the main server saves all the data and the counted votes of each candidate. After all the registered voter votes, the result will be sent to all the voters.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.