Hospital Management System in PHP and MySQL
The project entitled hospital management system was developed using PHP as the programming/scripting language and MySQL for the storage or database of the project, for the design of the interface, the researchers used Bootstrap for the frontend.
The said project will replace the existing process of operation which is manual. The main aim of the project is to provide a paper-less transaction. It also aims at providing low-cost reliable automation of the existing systems. The system also provides excellent security of data at every level of user-system interaction and also provides robust & reliable storage and backup facilities.
The main objective of the study is to replace the manual operation in hospital to automated and paper-less transactions.
Specifically the project aims to:
- To automated all details regarding patient details & hospital transaction details.
- To include a schedule of appointment feature for the convenience of both patents and doctors.
- Scheduling the services of specialized doctors and emergency properly so that facilities provided by hospital are fully utilized in effective and efficient manner.
- If the medical store issues medicines to patients, it should reduce the stock status of the medical store and vice-versa.
- It should be able to handle the test reports of patients conducted in the pathology lab of the hospital.
- The inventory should be updated automatically whenever a transaction is made.
- The information of the patients should be kept up to date and there record should be kept in the system for historical purposes.
Hospital Management – in general the main beneficiary of this project is the management of the hospital since almost every aspect will be automated. The automation process will result into fast and reliable records.
Doctors/Physicians – Doctors can now easily archive the records of their patients.
Patients – patient clinical records and health related records will be easier and faster to generate.
Employees – employees can now cater more patients due to the fact that the automated system is much faster compare to the manual process.
Features and System Modules
Patient Module – This module will hold and store records of old and new patients such as personal records and other health/medical related records.
Doctor Module – the list of doctors and physicians in the hospital together with their schedules and other credentials.
Appointment Scheduling Module – in this module, the patient can directly set a schedule for consultation for a doctor at a specific date and time. The doctor will be notified of the request and has the authority to accept or reject the appointment.
Consultation Module – is used for recording all patient clinical data resulting from a consultation.
Laboratory Result Module – it is the record of the several laboratory test of the patient.
Billing Module – this holds the bill or the total amount to be paid by the patient.
Pharmacy Module – the module holds the list of medicines and maintains the inventory of medicines and sales as well.
we will create another post/article that will detail the database design and its entity relationship diagram.
With the implementation of this project the Hospital administrators would be able to significantly improve productivity and quality of service.
PHP, MySQL and Bootstrap
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.