Hospital Management Information System Capstone Project
Introduction of the Study
Hospital are the essential part of our lives, providing best medical facilities to people suffering from various ailments, which may be due to change in climatic conditions, increased work-load, emotional trauma stress etc. It is necessary for the hospitals to keep track of its day-to-day activities & records of its patients, doctors, nurses, ward boys and other staff personals that keep the hospital running smoothly & successfully.
But keeping track of all the activities and their records on paper is very cumbersome and error prone. It also is very inefficient and a time-consuming process Observing the continuous increase in population and number of people visiting the hospital. Recording and maintaining all these records is highly unreliable, inefficient and error-prone. It is also not economically & technically feasible to maintain these records on paper.
Thus keeping the working of the manual system as the basis of our project. We have developed an automated version of the manual system, named as “Hospital Management System”.
The main aim of our project is to provide a paper-less hospital up to 90%. It also aims at providing low-cost reliable automation of the existing systems. The system also provides excellent security of data at every level of user-system interaction and also provides robust & reliable storage and backup facilities.
Objectives of the system
The project “Hospital management system” is aimed to develop to maintain the day –to-day state of admission/discharge of patients, list of doctors, reports generation, and etc.It is designed to achieve the following objectives:
- To computerize all details regarding patient details & hospital details.
- Scheduling the appointment of patient with doctors to make it convenient for both.
- Scheduling the services of specialized doctors and emergency properly so that facilities provided by hospital are fully utilized in effective and efficient manner.
- If the medical store issues medicines to patients, it should reduce the stock status of the medical store and vice-versa.
- It should be able to handle the test reports of patients conducted in the pathology lab of the hospital.
- The inventory should be updated automatically whenever a transaction is made.
- The information of the patients should be kept up to date and there record should be kept in the system for historical purposes.
Purpose of the Study
The main purpose of Software Requirement Specifications Document is to describe in a precise manner all the capabilities that will be provided by the Software Application “Hospital Management System”. It also states the various constraints which the system will be abide to. This document further leads to clear vision of the software requirements, specifications and capabilities. These are to be exposed to the development, testing team and end users of the software.
Scope and Limitation of the Project
The proposed software product is the Hospital Management System (HMS). The system will be used in any Hospital, Clinic, Dispensary or Pathology labs in any Hospital, Clinic, Dispensary or Pathology labs to get the information from the patients and then storing that data for future usage
The current system in use is a paper-based system. It is too slow and cannot provide updated lists of patients within a reasonable time frame. The intentions of the system are to reduce over-time pay and increase the number of patients that can be treated accurately. Requirements statements in this document are both functional and non-functional.
- Visual Basic and MySQL/MariaDB
- PHP. MySQL and Bootstrap
- C# and SQL Server
Credits to the authors