Online Grocery Shopping System
The proponents are being challenged by questioning on what is the better system that we can propose. So we’ve come up to propose this online grocery shopping and we choose Savemore Market to be our recipient, because nowadays most of the people are already exposed to computers and online buying. Savemore Market already had some computerized system and the one thing that can add And with this system it can give benefit to both company and customers.
The Online Grocery Shopping System for Savemore Market is made for the company to make their store more advantage compare to any other supermarket. The system is composed of module that; can calculate the total amount of the orders of the customer with delivery charges.
The proponents we’re really trying to develop a system that can contribute big change to the recipient which is Savemore, and can give benefit to the customer.
The Internet provides consumers with a new medium of obtaining useful information and for purchasing goods, information and services. The main purpose of online grocery is to create and develop new models, and to optimize the relationships between a grocery company and its customers. Changing from shopping at the supermarket to online grocery shopping can improve an online grocery retailer’s productivity by shortening supply chains, reducing overhead costs, and enabling “just in time” service. Most grocery store chains offer online shopping options with free in-store pickup; a few even offer home delivery for a small fee.
In this study, the developers develop an online grocery system that will minimize all the effort and time of the customer and to minimize roaming around as well. Therefore, it allows administrator to track the order of the customer so that they can prepare for it and deliver if needed. Furthermore, in this study, the developer shall create the system that is fully computerized, user-friendly, time effective and well-organized.
Statement of the Problem
The researchers gather data on Savemore, the manager told us that their problem is regarding on the ordering of their product. Because when their customer made a transaction to order a product’s the customer must wait their orders, wherein it takes a lot of time and effort.
This online grocery shopping system made in order for the consumer of Savemore, to lessen their workloads and to make their grocery shopping easier compare to going to physical grocery store.
Current State of the Technology
People want to go grocery shopping because it’s a stress reliever for them. But sometimes, it’sa hassle to go shopping and to roam around at the supermarket and look for the product that they will purchase. So with the use of this technology, it will open the doors to improved customer services through Customer Relationship Management, by offering customers products that is line on their needs, discounts and recommended products based on their purchasing patterns. The technology and availability of the Internet resulted in a new generation of opportunities for e-business ideas.
Online grocery shopping is one example of an e-business idea. Online grocery shopping is not only about technology and making sales, nor is it of interest only to industries and businesses, but it is also about transforming the economy, within and across geographic areas, and changing old markets and creating new ones.
The objective of this study is to help the consumer of Savemore to make their ordering more convenient and easier. For the customer,it can minimize the workload and effort of roaming around the grocery store. They can search the grocery items that they’re looking for.
The objective of this system is to save time and effort for the consumer. Save time and effort in terms of driving a car or commuting on a jeepney. In online grocery shopping you can just sit down relax and search for the product while in physical market you have to stand in line at the checkout counter and wait to load all your groceries packed. The proponents proposed an online grocery shopping system to lessen difficulty to the customer.
- To develop an Online Grocery Shopping System
- To make the transaction easier and faster
- The branch manager can see all the orders to be process
- To display all the updated information
- Customers will choose their products and the corresponding grocery items will automatically load into their shopping cart.
- The system can automatically locate or provide the nearest branch of Savemore through the customer’s address.
- The customer can pay through credit card and Cash on Delivery.
- Customer can also choose pick-up or delivery
- The customer can easily search for the products and can add immediately to her/his shopping cart.
- The system can print the receipt of the customer’s order
- The system has email validation through gmail
- Customer can see the order details and the actions done to her/his orders.
- System has its inventory report and sales report.
- The customer can print her/his own receipt
- It can’t accept shopping transaction below P500.00
- System can only cater within Negros Occidental
- The system will be the one to locate the nearest branch.
- The customer can’t choose her desire branch
- The system can’t locate the radius of the address on how far the delivery transaction.
PHP, MySQL and Bootstrap
Entity Relationship Diagram: