Purpose and Description
The terminal is new to the city so it does not use any system and is currently not using any technology. It only uses paper, log books and pen to record the information of the vehicle. The problem with the terminal that has no system is that the records can be misplaced because it is only recorded on log books. Also, the terminal does not have the records of the plate numbers of the vehicles that enters the said establishment. Information can be manipulated due to unsecured method that is being done through pen and paper only. Logbooks are not that secured for it could be misplaced or damaged because it is a concrete document.
The toll management system will be develop to help terminal management in their operation to be made smoother. It is a technology that allows for electronic payment of tolls. And with the help of this system can determine whether a passing car is registered, automatically charging those vehicles, and alert the local highway patrol about the passers that not registered. However, not all toll ways users are equipped with the necessary on-board devices to enable the Bus Terminal Toll Management System.
The system feature the following Automatic Boom Barrier which will served as the barriers for the passing cars while paying for their toll. The camera, which will take a picture of the passing car, the barcode scanner which will scan the barcode of the car, to know the classification, and to determine if the car is registered. Traffic light which will signal the car to go or to stop. A LCD display is used here to give the output amount. Printer to print the receipt the hardware part of the system covers the whole electrical system and a hardware installation.
To monitor the movement of vehicles that goes in and out of the terminal and generates the daily, weekly, monthly and annual income. And to provide technology to terminal operators.
- To be familiar with the vehicle movement inside the terminal
- To track whether the vehicle route is city bound or out bound vehicle
- To determine the number of vehicles that enters the terminal
- To determine the toll fee that should be charged to the vehicle that enters the terminal.
- To generate a report by vehicle type
- To generate a report on vehicles by owner/company
- To help the government in reducing the number of unregistered cars.
- To give accurate data as well as saves the license vehicle to recognize unwanted vehicles.
Available in following programming languages:
Visual Basic 6.0
Visual Basic .Net
PHP and MySQL