Android Based Student Handbook
This project study is all about converting a handbook into an android application which is the researchers’ solution in preserving the handbook in a way that it will not be torn easily and protect it from water during rainy season. An android based handbook which is accessible anytime and will be installed on android devices.
At the end of the study we were able to create an android application for our school’s college department which outlines student rights, privileges, and responsibilities and provide information about how to get help with appeal requests, processes and procedures, and resources available from school system personnel.
Based on our findings we discovered that the application we made can also be viewed on desktop computers because the programming language used was HTML (Hypertext Markup Language) the standard markup language used to create web pages. Web browsers can read HTML files and render them into visible or audible web pages. The application can also be converted for windows phone. The success of a project lies on hard work, perseverance and team building. The effort of one another and the determination to create fruitful outcomes for the benefit of all with the guidance of our Almighty God results to an effective way of sharing our knowledge based on extensive research that will produce positive results which the primary reason was to create an application for our beloved school and in our own little ways could help in modernization and technological breakthrough by upgrading our college handbook.
Objectives of the study
The current version of the handbook is in the form of a book bind one which is prone to tear, damage and lost. To prevent or minimize the stated dilemmas, the researchers had come up to an idea to develop an android based student handbook with the following objectives:
- To be able to design and develop an android based handbook that is responsive and will automatically adjust according to the screen resolution of the student’s device.
- To convert the hardcopy version of the handbook to android based which will make it easier for the students to browse and read the content of the handbook using their android devices.
- To encourage the students to read their handbook and easily browse it.
- To develop an application for the students that has an adjustable font size for easier reading and understanding.
- To create a user friendly application, with an easy navigation that is available for download anytime.
- To provide the students an easy access to their handbook with a search tab where they can easily navigate the contents of it.
Scope and Limitations
- The researchers used HTML (Hypertext Markup Language), a programming language which is easy to understand making our application user friendly with its very simple graphical user interface.
- The application also contains photos of the different facilities of our school to showcase its beauty and encourage other students to enroll.
- It is available for installation from the Guidance Office.
- This application is multifunctional. It can also be viewed on computers running with windows operating system.
Credits to: YAMAT, JESSALIE SUNGA and her team