Point of Sale (POS) System in Python
The project entitled Point of Sale System is an information system with database specifically intended to monitor sales and inventory of a business entity. The said project was written in Python with the following features:
- can print receipts
- shows current stocks
- has a warehouse stock
- shows sales report on that specific date (like income and total sales).
- has a cashier and admin UI
- auto-generates barcodes if the admin wants
- can export data to excel
- notifies the user if a specific item has low on stocks
Problem of the Present System
The following are the problems in their existing system:
- Less efficient and effective Data management – Data and information (e.g. sales, purchases, expenses and inventory records) about the clients is saved into a file folder and next to be put into a rack or drawer.
- Not a user friendly – User need to input the data manually by using materials such as pens and papers. It sometimes can lead errors while fulfill the Data.
- High cost for data storing – The Company needs the cover the cost of pens, papers, drawers/racks and other materials to store data about their customer and suppliers / distributors.
- Takes a lot of time – Process of finding and processing Data and information (e.g. sales, purchases, expenses and inventory records) will take a lot of time and sometimes error can be occur during the processes.
- No Backup and Recovery – Since storing data is only using physical materials, there will no backup system for the data if disaster happens.
- Inconsistent Data – When the same data are stored in multiple locations, inconsistencies data are inevitable. For example, several of the files are piled up only in one rack. Suppose that there is an address change for one of the suppliers. If the files are to be consistent, this change must be made simultaneously (and correctly) to each of the file containing the supplier address data item. Since the files are controlled by different users, there is a strong likelihood that some files will reflect the old address, while others reflect the new address.
Purpose and Description
The Point of Sale System would help the management of the business to efficiently manage their sales and inventory and to address the problems encountered in using the manual processes of transactions. It will lessen the workloads of employees, makes the reporting much easier, faster and accurate. The implementation of the system also makes the work of the cashiers in accommodating accounts receivable and other transactions regarding to the payables from the customers.
SIGNIFICANCE OF THE STUDY
This study will be a significant venture for promoting the business to have a good quality work in terms of sales and inventory process. After understanding the needs of the management, employees and customers in general, they can assure that there is a big helpful change when it comes to convenience, speed, and process flow and data security. Cashiers will experience that their work will be lessen and makes them more productive which in return is an advantage to the company and customers as well.
This project is easy to use and gives benefits to the following:
Cashier and the Management. This system will help to minimize the workload of the employees in accommodating sales and inventory transactions.
Customer. This system will help the customer to save their efforts of paying their accounts payable and it will be easy for them to monitor their credits. An updated report will be generated in less period of time.
Screenshots of the Point of Sale (POS) System in Python
Software Development Model
The Software development model used which is the Rapid Application Development (RAD) had stages such as Analysis and Quick Design, Prototype Cycle (develop, Demonstrate, refine), Testing, and Deployment. In the Analysis and Quick Design, we started discuss and agree where will the system be implemented and identify the problems regarding their current payment system, gather what are the needs through conducting needs assessment, and determine the scope and limitation of the system. In the Prototype Cycle, with the use of gather needs and information from the conduct needs assessment, we have identify what will be the inputs and outputs of the system and started to plan what will be the user-interface design after making Data Flow Diagram, Functional Decomposition Chart and Entity Relation Diagram. This includes also the construction of the system through coding and programming to attain the target design agreed from by the proponents. In the Deployment, this includes the testing and implementation of the system through testing the proposed system with users and compared the result to the current payment system of the campus.
The implementation of the POS System is highly recommended in order to make the business more profitable by automating the manual process of sales and inventory. Automation also means a faster and accurate record keeping which makes the management to focus on other things that will improve the business process of the company/organization.
The company should also invest not only in the system but by hiring and training personnel who will man the system.
For more information about the project you may contact the developer of the Point of Sale System in Python.
Janard Pineda Lagdameo
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.