Barangay Resident Record Management and Certificate Issuance System
Manual Method and Problems Encountered
This study focuses on the records management system of the said Barangay. The Barangay treasurer/secretary is the one who performs permits, certificates transactions community tax, business taxes, and other fees. They are also in charge of keeping tracks of the records, capture and maintain up-to-date records of all issuance transactions and daily, monthly, yearly reports. These records are sufficient for various purposes that required an appropriate, consistent and secured storage of files. The system that they are using until now is a manual based process for all services to its constituents. They manually handled transactions daily; specially get Barangay clearance, certification, cedula and permits. Before the accomplishment of the task the constituents who request must undergo a long process .Same through with storing of files, updating, accessing of data and recording the expenses, they used folders and log of papers for its storage. The staff encountered difficulties and long procedure in retrieving, recording, computing and processing of financial and accounting data.
Thus, the researchers proposed Barangay the records management system that will give safer storage of financial records, fast retrieval of files, maintains reliability and accuracy, and faster tracking of files. Proposing software for the records management system is very useful to the staff, from hand written records and manual issuing of barangay clearance and certificates, as well as the income and expenses reports into an automated processing system.
The recommended system will give safer storage of financial records, fast retrieval of files, maintains reliability and accuracy, and faster tracking of files. Proposing software for the accounting system is very useful to the staff, from hand written records and manual issuing of barangay clearance and certificates, as well as the income and expenses reports into an automated processing system.
The system focused only the BARANGAY RESIDENT RECORD MANAGEMENT AND CERTIFICATE ISSUANCE SYSTEM. In managing the resident’s records and issuing certificates. To let go the manual process in the manual process in the Barangay Hall such us, handwritten document keeping records inside the drawer, that trends to use some record and unorganized file. And when it comes in clearances they used folder to store the file which can cause of losing record. Because of their manual system, they had a slow service instead of using computerized on recording the files.
The proposed system will reduced the hard and longtime procedure and accessing files and records they keep and store. It will be a great help for them to lessen their work especially with transactional that the citizen of the said community will might need.
Purpose and Description
The core function of this study is to offer a detailed reliable and secured keeping of all data. Barangay Residents Record Management and Certificate Issuance System hope to enhance the way of managing, issuing certificate and keeping all the residents confidential records.
This system facilitates Barangay management by enabling the client Barangay to maintain their resident records as complete and up-to-date as possible and as easily accessible for verification, monitoring and reference purposes based on the available residents’ census data kept by the client Barangay. Data provided by this system in the form of comprehensive reports are invaluable for planning, program implementation and related purposes.
- Automatic Business Processes – among the basic components of BMS is its automatic assessment feature which facilitates processing of community tax dues, professional tax, Barangay clearance fees and other such charges which are sources of Barangay revenues.
- The system also allows for other Barangay-related functions such as those including security and peace-keeping operations such as incident reporting, blotter, reports and records of the Barangay peace-keeping council, and other related services.
- Forms and Reports – The system prepares and prints Barangay permits and certifications (e.g. Community Tax Certificate, Occupational permits, Barangay Clearance, etc.) as well as important reports such as Barangay Profile, Socio-Demographic Profile, Residents’ Census Information, etc.
- Query – user-friendly query feature enables easy searching of records depending on chosen parameters (e.g. by kind of permit and/ or certification issued, by date of issuance of permit/ certification, by client-name, etc.)
- Standard-based – conforms with Local Government Code Sec. 394 (d) (6) which provides that each Barangay maintain an updated record of residents for easy identification of inhabitants, for use as a planning tool, and of updated reference on the local Barangay statistics.
- Design and Security Features – User-friendly design using easily-comprehensible menus facilitates utilization of application features. Flexible system makes it customizable depending on the needs and requirements of client Barangay. Employs a back-up and recovery utility for file integrity and security. BMS can also be linked to a client LGU’s existing GIS or Information System which would enable them to generate graphically-enhanced demographic profile for each Barangay.
Objectives of the Study
The main goal of the study is to develop a Barangay Resident Record Management and Certificate Issuance. To automate in order to produce efficient and accurate reports and proper automated file management.
The specific objectives that will help realize the proposed study:
- To make an automated system to easily find the records so that it is accurate, complete, accessible and usable.
- To secure and safe residents confidential record
- To provides detailed information about the residents.
- To easily updates resident’s profile.
- Secure confidential record of the resident.
- Stores the entire resident’s record.
- Easy to use and manage.
- Fast and easy to locate resident’s record.
- Provides backup database of all record.
- Issue certificates/permits and other related records.
Scope and Limitation
The scope of this system is to provide efficient, reliable, fast, accurate information to provide good quality service to secure the file of the client and to ensure that services and information are given at the right time to satisfy the needs of the client, to provide user efficient working environment and generates more output. This system provides friendly user interface resulting in knowledge each and every usability features of the system. It prepares and prints Barangay permits and certificates like Community Tax Certificate, Barangay Clearance, and etc. It also processes fee such as Barangay clearance fees and others. It also enables easy searching of records. This system also allows for other Barangay related functions as those including security such as incident reporting, blotter and other related services. It provides that it maintain an updated record of residents for easy.