Android Based E-Learning Application for Criminology Students
The different methods of teaching includes: lecture and discussions, giving assignments, evaluation and reporting. Mobile educational game can be used as an educational tool because nowadays everything becomes hi-tech, and smart phones can be used for educational purpose.
Android mobile educational game is a kind of mobile quiz game created and dedicated for criminology students. This system will provide the students some information that can be used and related to their course. This mobile educational quiz game is consisting of 8 different categories like: crime, police ranks, ancient weapons, most wanted list, modus operandi, human rights abuses, traffic signs, and explosive weapons; which are related to their subject matter.
This mobile game will enhance the learning ability of the students and test what they learn from their subjects. The students can play this game during their free time and even outdoors. Through the process of entertainment the students will learn, the more they entertain, the more they learn.
Computer games become more viral to the students and they give more time in playing instead of studying. Because of this situation, it may cause negative effects that will affect their academic performance in school. So, our team decided to create a mobile educational game for android phones that will enhance the learning ability of the students while entertaining themselves.
Android mobile educational game is a kind of mobile quiz game designed for Criminology students; the focus of this project was to provide them a mobile educational game for their smart phones that is related to their course. With the help of this project, the students will learn and get some information that they can be used in their studies. As long as they play this game, they learn and enhance their memory and at the same time they entertain themselves. The benefits of this project is that it can be used and play by the students during their free time and especially outdoor. Using this mobile game they will learn some information related to their course.
Purpose and Description of the Study
Android mobile educational game is created and dedicated to Criminology students. This system can be an educational tool in teaching and can help students in learning because it will enhance the learning ability of the students and provide them information related to their course. The students will pay more attention in this educational game because they can enjoy themselves playing while they are learning.
This mobile educational quiz game is composed of 8 different categories like: crime, police ranks, ancient weapons, most wanted list, modus operandi, human rights abuses, traffic signs, and explosive weapons; which are related to their subject matter.
This game is for single player only, and the player has given 3 chances to answer the questions. With the help of this educational game, the information that the students absorb while playing can be apply in their major subjects. This game will not cause negative effects in the academic performance of the students; hence it will help them in their studies. They can install this game in their mobile phones and enjoy it playing during their free time.
The more the students enjoy playing this game, the more they learn.
Objectives of the Study
The main objective of this android mobile game was to provide an educational game for Criminology Students that is related to their curriculum.
Specifically this project aimed to:
- Provide the students an educational quiz game for their smart phones related to their curriculum.
- Improve and enhance the learning ability of the students about different topics related to their course.
- Promote education in the way of entertainment.
- Test the knowledge of the students while they are enjoying playing this game.
- Provide them some information that will enhance their thinking skills in analyzing different situations and problems.
- Entertain the students and at the same time they are learning.
- This mobile app features 8 different categories related to criminology subjects.
- Every category was encoded with 20 different questions but every category only displays 10 questions that are randomly arranged every time the user opens the app.
- The player was given 3 lives/ trials to answer all the questions for every category.
- Open the android mobile app.
- Tap the Start Game BUTTON.
- Then, all the 8 categories will be displayed. Choose from 8 categories.
- Press the category that you want to play.
- Automatically, it will display the question that must be answer to proceed to another level.
- If the player doesn’t answer the question correctly, he/ she will lose one life. But he/ she can continue to play until he/ she loses all his 3 lives.
- If the player loses all his/ her 3 lives, it will be GAME OVER. Then, the score he/ she got will be displayed.
- Then, the player can go back to the Category Menu to choose another menu that he/ she wanted to play.
- If the player answers all the questions in a category there will be a message display “You are the best Criminology student” and his / her score will be recorded.
- As long as the player enjoy this game the more they learn.