Getting Started with C#
C# (pronounced as C Sharp) is one of the programming language developed by Microsoft that is implemented in .Net Framework so therefore you must install the .Net Framework on your unit to run the applications written in C#.
- C# is also an object oriented programming that supports all key object oriented concepts such as Polymorphism, Inheritance and Encapsulation (PIE).
- Its development team is led by Anders Hejlsberg.
- The programming language C# derives from C and C++
- The latest stable released of C#.5.0 was on August 15, 2012.
- The same with other .Net Programming Languages there are two main editors for development of C#: the latest version of Visual Studio which is the paid version, Microsoft Visual Studio 2013 and the free of cost the Visual Studio Express Edition 2013
What can I do with C#?
- You can do a lot with C#, you can build any kind of Windows application like desktop application, mobile and web application platforms.
- You can also develop games in C# using the DirectX SDK.
- Database Application – C# can interact with most types of database used to store, retrieve and manipulate data.
We will provide more of C# Lessons and Tutorials.
Visual Studio 2013 Hardware requirements
- 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- 1 GB of RAM (1.5 GB if running on a virtual machine)
- 20 GB of available hard disk space
- 5400 RPM hard disk drive
- DirectX 9-capable video card that runs at 1024 x 768 or higher display resolution