IPO Model Conceptual Framework of Senior Citizen Information System
This post will guide you on how to create a conceptual framework for the project Senior Citizen Information System using input, process, and output (IPO) model.
About the Project
The growing numbers of the senior citizens prompt the local government to look for ways on how to effectively handle their records. Conventionally, the local senior citizen center do their services manually, they collect information of the senior citizen through face-to-face interview which is time consuming for both sides. This system is also prone to human errors such as mistakes on the profile of the senior citizen or worst missing the records of the senior citizen. The current method also involves too much paper work which is hard to manage especially in retrieving records for update purposes. The existing method is seen ineffective in handling bulk of information and records.
The capstone project entitled “Senior Citizen Information System” will allow the local government to automate information management of the senior citizens. The system will help the senior citizen’s center to keep records of the senior citizens electronically safe and easy to retrieve.
Objectives of the Study
- To develop a system that will assist the staff to electronically process the records of the senior citizens.
- The system will make the records electronically safe and fast to retrieve.
- To develop a system that will eliminate the paper works handled by the staffs in the senior citizen’s center.
- The system is efficient, safe and reliable to use.
The image above is the conceptual framework of the project entitled Senior Citizen Information System. It is based on IPO model or also known as the input, process and output model.
The input phase or the knowledge requirement stage consists of the following:
- User Requirement – the researchers conducted an interview with the agency in local government responsible for the records of the senior citizens to identify their needs so that the team can develop the appropriate system that will answer their existing concerns.
- Programming Knowledge – after determining the problems, a solution must be provided and that solution is in a form of information system that will be written in the programming language where the researchers has and adequate knowledge. The researchers will use PHP, MySQL and Bootstrap for the senior citizen information system is an online/web based platform.
- Hardware Requirements – the system cannot work alone without the hardware such as the computer and mobile devices. The researchers had explained it to the user that they need that hardware to fully utilize information system.
- Related Literature and Systems – the researchers conducted a research on the different literatures and related systems to serve as a guide in the development of the Senior Citizen Information System.
Analysis and Quick Design
During Analysis and Quick Design, the researchers did a personal interview with the respondents and the chosen client where the study was conducted. The respondents were given the chance to suggest how the system will be designed. After conducting the data gathering, the researchers made an initial design for the proposed system.
The researchers will analyze all the data, user requirements and information. This phase also help the researchers to have an idea on how to create the system and have an idea on how the proposed system would be beneficial to the clients.
The researchers will start to develop the proposed system. It includes the design; how the system would look like based on user requirements, and the researchers/programmer would like to add personal design to make the system more interactive and user friendly.
This stage will consist of the researchers’ data being compiled, built, demonstrated, and refined. The researchers create a prototype first, based on the planned design and data tables. The prototype will be shown to the client after it has been built. The researchers demonstrate the system’s operation, the flow of how it operates, and the functions of the system’s features. The next stage is refining, in which the researchers will fine-tune the system based on the client’s extra requirements. Changes to the features flow and functionalities will be made based on the needs.
The goal of this project is for you to build and implement a prototype for a system that will assist senior citizens in maintaining contact with their families and friends.
Seniors should be able to do the following with the system:
- Fill out the form with personal information such as their name, address, phone number, and email address.
- Specify information about their family and friends, such as their names and addresses as well as their phone numbers and email addresses.
- Access information about their family and friends, including the most recent health and well-being status updates, by visiting their profile page.
- Communicate with relatives and friends using text messaging.
- Take advantage of a number of valuable services, such as information on health-care options and financial counseling.
Testing and Evaluation
This will include the feed backing of the proposed system after it will be implemented and had undergone testing by three Experts. It will also inform the researchers and the developer if there are any bugs, suggestion and if the system’s functionality will works well.
This will discuss the implementation of the propose system wherein Three (3) Experts will evaluate the propose system. This will also discuss if the recommended functions and suggestion are met.
For the purpose of determining the performance of the Senior Citizen Information System, the following metrics will be used:
Usability, ease of use, accuracy, completeness, and usability are all important considerations.
Testing will be carried out utilizing a mixed method approach, which will include interviews with target users as well as focus group discussions. The results of the study will be used to make improvements to the Senior Citizen Information System, which will benefit everyone.
The study’s ultimate output is a database-driven information system that will replace or assist respondents in managing senior citizens’ information. The system’s implementation is strongly encouraged.
Benefits of the System:
- Innovation will always bring efficient and effective records management
- Utilization of Information Systems makes your data secure, updated and accessible.
- The local government becomes equipped with a platform which puts all of his field work and paperwork under unified control simpler than ever.
For senior people in the Philippines, the Senior Citizen Information System (SCIS) is a web-based system that provides them with a variety of perks and advantages. Senior citizens can use the system to acquire information about government programs and services that are accessible to them, as well as to submit applications for these programs and services on their behalf.
It also allows older folks to access their information online and connect with government officials through the system, which is currently under development. A significant resource for older persons, the Senior Citizens Information System (SCIS) allows them to stay informed about the various government programs and services that are available to them as well as to apply for these services.
This study is all about the development of the study’s conceptual framework. In this study, the researchers utilized the IPO model as a basis to develop the conceptual framework. The first stage is the input phase, this involves User Requirement, Programming Knowledge Requirements, Hardware Requirements and Review of Related Literature and Systems. In the process phase, the researchers will utilize the Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) technique to develop the system. The SDLC technique is consists of Analysis and Quick Design, Data Analysis, System Design, Prototype Cycle and Testing and Evaluation. The final product of the study is a database driven information system that will replace or aid the respondents in conducting the management of senior citizen’s information. Implementation of the system is highly encouraged.
You may visit our Facebook page for more information, inquiries, and comments. Please subscribe also to our YouTube Channel to receive free capstone projects resources and computer programming tutorials.
Hire our team to do the project.
Related Topics and Articles: