IPO Model Conceptual Framework of Procurement Management System
Procurement Management System is a database project used to cater the entire process of procurement system starting from the department planning of annual procurement plan, purchase request, purchase order, vouchering, and inspection. It is a sort of inventory and monitoring of items and equipment being requested by every department. Users of the system are the staff of every department, department heads, BAC office or the bids and awards, finance department and vouchering section.
This article will give you an example on how to prepare a conceptual framework on the capstone project entitled Procurement Management System. The model used for the conceptual framework of this study is the input, process, output model or IPO model.
Objective of the Study
- The study aims to design, develop and implement a system that manages the transactions of procurement management system.
- The said study aims to improve and upgrade the current process of procurement management system.
- To implement and utilize a centralize database system that manages the records and transactions related to procurement.
The image above is the conceptual framework of the project entitled Procurement Management System. It is based on IPO model or also known as the input, process and output model.
The input phase or the knowledge requirement stage consists of the following:
- Research on the background of the study – the researchers conducted a research on the scope of the procurement system
- User Requirement – the researchers identified the features of the system based on the needs of the users.
- Interview and Observation method – the researchers conducted an interview and observations to be able to understand better the project on procurement system.
- Development Tools and Technique – the researchers will need to select a set of development tools suited to the requirements of the project.
- Review of Related Literature – the researchers conducted a research on the different literatures and related systems to serve as a guide in the development of the procurement system.
- Planning and Analysis
During Planning and Analysis phase, the researchers made an interview with the different office that involves in the processing of procurement. After conducting the data gathering, the researchers made an initial design for the proposed system.
- Data Analysis
All information was analysed by the researchers. This phase also helped the researchers to have an idea on how to build and help conceptualize on how the proposed system would be beneficial.
- Prototype Cycle
This stage includes design, development and testing from the information that has been gathered and analyzed. The researchers started to develop the proposed system. It includes the design on how the system would look like based on the user requirements and research. In development stage, the researchers collected all the data that has been gathered to build the prototype. In testing phase the researchers tested the function of the system, the flow on how it works the feedback process of the proposed system had undergone testing by the three (3) Experts and its intended users. It informs the developers if they have any suggestion and flaws of the system functionality.
This is the feedback process of the proposed system after it was implemented and undergone testing by the three Experts and its intended users. It informs the developers if they have any suggestion and flaws of the system functionality.
This phase discussed the implementation of the proposed system which was evaluated by the three (3) Experts. It also discussed if the recommended suggestions of the respondents and users had met.
After the evaluation and gathering of data, the capstone project entitled “Procurement Management System” was evaluated by IT experts and tested by the end-users. The Grand Mean of system based on McCall’s software quality model is 4.0 which is interpreted as Good, the level of the system acceptability based on User Acceptance testing on the required application functionality was rated Good with a rating of 4.23. This led the researchers into conclusion that the objectives of this study had satisfied the end-users and therefore recommends the implementation of the project.
Message us on our facebook page for the complete documentation of the project.
You may visit our facebook page for more information, inquiries and comments.
Hire our team to do the project.