Creating Section in Joomla
In this lesson we are going to learn how to create a Section in Joomla.
Section in Joomla is container in which you can manage your categories. You must first create a section in order for you to store a category. You can’t create a category if there is no section. You are free to create multiple sections in your Joomla site as many as you want, depending on how complex is your site.
Here are the steps in creating a Section in Joomla:
1. Login first in the backend site of Joomla or the Administration site (http://localhost/joomla/administrator).
2. You will be prompted to enter the username and password. Enter the valid username and password and click the login button.
3. After you have entered the valid username and password you are now on the Control Panel or the Administration interface.
4. Navigate to Content Menu -> Section Manager -> Click New button. Then, fill in the following:
Title of the section (ex. Places or any name that you want).
Alias (ex. Places, optional).
Published: Select Yes to publish the section, No to disable it.
Order: Select order.
Access Level: it determines who can access to this section. Default access right is Public.
Image: Select image from the list (optional).
Image Position: Position of the image relative to the title. Default value is Left.
Description: Description of the section (optional)
5. After you have fill in the fields, click the Save button.
6. Repeat steps 4 and 5 to create more sections.