Drupal: Site Maintenance
In this lesson we are going to learn how to turn the site in offline mode.
Whenever you perform maintenance or upgrading your site sometimes you need to turn your site offline. You can display message to your visitors that site is in maintenance mode.
Site maintenance steps:
1. Login to your Drupal site using the administrator account.
2. Click Configuration in the toolbar to go to the Configuration administration page.
3. Then click Maintenance mode link.
4. You will proceed to Maintenance mode form. Check the Put site into maintenance mode, this will turn your site in offline mode, uncheck it to put it online.
5. Click Save Configuration button.