In this lesson we are going to learn how to manage user accounts in Drupal.
After you have successfully installed a Drupal site on your local machine, your account is automatically given all the privileges to administer the site. It means that you are logged in as administrator. The administrator account is granted to add and configure user accounts in Drupal.
To add user account:
1. Login to your Drupal site using the administrator account.
2. Click People in the toolbar to go the People administration page.
3. Click the Add user link to add new user account. Then, fill in the following:
- Username: Enter the username that you want. Ex: admin
- Email Address: Enter a valid email address.
- Password: Enter any password that you want.
- Status: Leave the active button selected.
- Roles: Select what roles you will assign to this user.
Notify user for new account: If selected it will an email will be sent to the email address you have entered in this form.
4. Click the Create new account button.
To modify user account:
1. Click People in the toolbar to go the People administrator page.
2. Click the edit link in the Operations column of the account you want to edit.
3. You will now go the form in which you can modify the user accounts information such username; password, email and you can also upload a picture for that account.
4. Click the Save button to apply the changes.