Enable/Disable Folder Options using Group Policy Editor
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to enable/disable Folder Options using Group Policy Editor (gpedit.msc).
Group Policy Editor – This snap-in allows you to edit Group Policy Objects which can be linked to a Site, Domain, or Organizational Unit in the Active Directory or stored on a computer.
Here are the steps:
1. Click Start, Run, type gpedit.msc and click OK.
2. In the Group Policy Editor navigate to the following:
User Configuration -> Administrative Templates -> Windows Components -> Windows Explorer .
3. Select the “Removes the Folder Options menu item from the Tools Menu” on the right pane.
4. There are 3 options that you can choose: Not Configured, Enabled, Disabled.
5. Select Enabled to hide the Folder option. To display the Folder Options menu select Disabled or Not Configured and click ok button
6. Restart your computer.