Deleted files and folders usually proceeds to the Recycle Bin unless you press Shift + delete, this command will delete the files and folders permanently without going to your Recycle Bin.
Recycle Bin allows you to restore files and folders to their original path.
Note: Files and Folders deleted from your external device such us floppy, external drives and network drives won’t move to your Recycle Bin, those items are deleted permanently.
Question is what if you can’t find the Recycle Bin on your desktop. How would you restore the deleted files?
How to Enable/Disable Run Dialog box in Windows
Run Dialog box in Windows lets you access program, files and folders by entering the corresponding shortcuts and path of the certain files and folder.
In Windows 7, the Run dialog box is absent in the Start menu. Run dialog box functions like command prompt, meaning it has the ability to do almost everything what the command line can do.
Note: Run command can be accessed using the shortcut Windows + R or click Start menu and type Run in the search box provided.
MySQL Tutorial – Like clause
Like clause in a CREATE TABLE command will create an exact copy of your existing table. The newly copied or created table will also acquire the column definition or attributes of the original one.
Syntax of like clause:
CREATE TABLE nameOfNewTable LIKE nameOfExistingTable;
nameOfNewTable – the name of the new table to be created.
nameOfExistingTable – the name of the existing table in your database.
How to Register OCX file
OCX stands for OLE Control Extension. OCX file has an extension of .ocx. The OCX file type is primarily associated with ‘Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) Control Extension’ by Microsoft Corporation. ActiveX.
Instructions on how to register OCX File
- Click Start button, and then RUN, Type Notepad and hit enter.
- On your notepad type regsvr32 “nameOfOCXFile”
- Example you want to register this OCX file CoolXPOption.ocx
- Type regsvr32 “CoolXPOption.ocx”
- Save the file as reg.bat
- Double click the reg.bat or right click the reg.bat and select Run as administrator.
- You should receive a message like this.
iNetTutor.com will provide new sets of tutorials which includes HTML, CSS, Photoshop , Programming Languages such as Visual Basic, Visual Basic.net, Java, C#, etc. and we will try to upload video tutorials on the said topics. Keep on visiting for more updates.
Introduction to HTML
This set of lessons and tutorials will provide you the basic knowledge of HTML through examples the easy to follow instructions and explanations.
What is HTML?
- HTML stands for Hypertext Markup Language; it is the main markup language for creating web pages and other information that can be displayed in a web browser.
- HTML is a text formatting language.
- In simplest term HTML is used to create websites.
PHP mail() function
In this lesson we are going to show you a sample PHP script on how to send email using the PHP mail() function.
PHP mail() function arguments
- The email address of your recipients
- Email subject line (ex. Meeting, Party)
- The body of the message
- List of email header fields like “From”, “Cc”
- Other parameters
Note: the email address and the body of the message is the most important one, the rest are optional.
Calculator is commonly used to solve basic mathematical operations such as multiplication, division, addition and subtraction. Calculator in Windows 7 offers lot of advance features such as programming, scientific and statistics.
How to open Calculator:
- Click Start > Run (Windows + R – shortcut for Run Dialog)
- Type calc and hit enter.
- Click Start > All Programs > Accessories > Calculator
phpMyAdmin is a free software tool written in PHP, it is a browser-based platform used to manage and administer MySQL database.
On the previous tutorial we have learned how to create a backup of our databases using the mysqldump command. Now we are going to reestablish or restore our database to its previous state.
Backup MySQL database on WAMP
In this tutorial we are going to learn how to back up our MySQL database in WAMP using the mysqldump command.
mysqldump command is used to export a database or all databases that resides on your MySQL Server. The exported file has an extension of .sql which commonly consists of SQL commands to create a database, create tables and insert records into tables.
Here’s how to create a backup file using the mysqldump command
- Click Start > Run then type cmd and hit enter.
- Syntax: C:\wamp\bin\mysql\[mysql version]\bin\mysqldump -u root -p [database_name] > [path where you want to put the file and the filename]
- Type this command: C:\wamp\bin\mysql\mysql5.5.24\bin\mysqldump -u root -p dk> c:\dk.sql
In this lesson we are going to learn how to use the MySQL alter command.
There are lots of Graphical User Interface (GUI) Tools to manage our MySQL databases as discussed on this page (link), through that modifying the structure of a database as well as the structure of tables, the field data types and much more depending on the capability of that tool. All of that comes in a handy way because these tools has a drag and drop capability. The users can easily change the data types of a certain field, rename a table, and add new columns. In this lesson we are not going to tolerate those manners (drag, drop and click).